Welcome to Designed Health of Boise. I look forward to meeting you! DH’s mission is to provide each patient with the highest quality care and the best patient-care experience.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO MY NEW PATIENT APPOINTMENT?
Please bring the following items to your new patient appointment:
- Your completed New Patient Paperwork via the online portal. This paperwork must be completed 48 hours prior to your first appointment. It is to be submitted online through the portal. If you arrive without completed paperwork, the time required to complete it will be deducted from your appointment time.
- Your insurance card.
- A government-issued photo ID.
- Cash, check, or credit card, HSA Card to pay for office visit, payment is due at time of service.
- A detailed list of your current medications and dosages or please bring in bottles. (this includes over-the-counter medications, and all vitamins or supplements).
- A copy of pertinent previous health records.
HOW LONG IS A NEW PATIENT APPOINTMENT?
All new patients will spend approximately 75-90 minutes of face-to-face time in the visit. Allow for an additional 10 minutes for check-out and scheduling.
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
All new patients are expected to arrive 5 minutes prior to their appointment start time in order to allow sufficient time to complete the check-in process. As a reminder, you must have your new online patient paperwork via the portal completed prior to arrival.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY APPOINTMENT?
You will experience a different level of care at Designed Health. Lindsey considers the patient as a whole, not just a set of symptoms. The focus is on identifying and treating the underlying factors which cause pain, illness and chronic disease.
During this comprehensive assessment, we will discuss your health history, ask several in-depth questions about your chronological life, discuss your specific needs and desires, discuss applicable diagnostic testing needed, and will discuss a potential initial treatment plan moving forward. Diet and lifestyle measures may also be addressed at your initial new patient visit.
I WILL CONSIDER MULTIPLE FACTORS INCLUDING:
- Environmental Influences Diet, physical activity, toxic exposures as well as traumas
- Biological & Genetic Influences Regulation of hormones, digestion and absorption of nutrients, environmental and food allergies, immune system function and inflammatory responses
- Mind-Body Connection Psychological, spiritual and social factors which influence your health and energy
DO YOU PERFORM DIAGNOSTIC TESTING DURING MY INITIAL NEW PATIENT VISIT?
Because every patient is unique, Lindsey will choose which type of testing you need based on the results of your initial assessment. Do not plan on testing in the first appointment until your health history is reviewed.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER MY APPOINTMENT?
At the conclusion of the visit you will visit a follow up appointment will be made 3-4 weeks after to allow test results to be completed. You will then be seen for a second visit with Lindsey and based on the information provided on the Intake Questionnaire, consultation, and test results, Lindsey will create a personalized treatment plan that will put you in control, and will teach you the skills needed to prevent disease and maintain optimal health. All of this will be reviewed in your second appointment. Your treatment plan will be tailored with ongoing modifications to meet your changing needs on an individualized basis.